MS-DOS and Windows 3.x Course Description click on logo to return to training page
|This course is a introduction into DOS and Windows. This operating system
combination is still a popular one. Many businesses have not yet migrated to
Windows95. Subsequently, we will continue to provide support and training on
these systems. In this Course, you will learn to perform the skills and tasks
required for the DOS operating system and the Windows 3.x shell. The course
- Learn to navigate in DOS including changing directories and locating files.
- Perform file operations in DOS including moving, deleting and renaming
- Operate the DOS utilities such as MSD and Help
- Scan and defragment the hard drive.
- Learn to partition a hard drive and the benefits of partitioning a disk.
- Start Windows 3.x from DOS.
- Gain an understanding of the history of Windows, current Windows 3.x
versions and differences in Windows95.
- Describe the memory management and the concept of system resources.
- Be able to navigate in Windows, with pull downs, shortcuts and dialog
- Understand the interface between DOS and Windows and describe a DOS Session
- Have an understanding of the Program Manager and be able to create groups
- Learn to use the File Manager including copying, moving and renaming
directories and files.
- Understand how applications run under Windows, how information is copied
- Learn the shortcuts of switching between applications including the Task
Manager and Cool Switching.
- Be able to use the Control Panel to install drivers, fonts and customize
- Use the Control Panel to change swap file settings.
- Setup a printer under Windows and understand the Print Manager.
- Be able to use the various utility programs e.g., Undelete, Backup and
Antivirus. Learn to undelete a file.
- Provide an overview of the Windows Main programs such as Write, Notepad,
- Learn how to troubleshoot common Windows problems and General Protection
|Requirements: You will work at your
own station in our classroom. It is recommended that you bring several blank
formatted 3.5 floppy disk to download free software and utilities.
|Tuition: $35.00 per person. Call us
for group rates.
|Instructor: to be announced