Surfing the Internet Course Description click on logo to return to training page
|This course is an introduction to the Internet and the World Wide Web.
Adults and children alike have found this course to be very beneficial and
informative. In this Course, you will learn about the Internet to include:
email, the web, newgroups and chatgroups. In addition this course focuses on
several popular browsers and applications. The course objectives are:|
- Be able to connect to the Internet.
- Have a general understanding of the different Internet Protocols.
- Setup an email account with mail boxes.
- Send and reply to email, attach files and change preferences.
- Learn to use a Web browser to view websites.
- Have a general understanding of HTML files and web terminologies.
- Download files and software from the Internet.
- Perform a search with a search engine on the Web.
- Be able to browse newsgroups and post a message to a newsgroup.
- Have an understanding of newsgroup terminology and posting protocol.
- Setup an IRC chat session.
|Requirements: You will work at your
own station in our classroom. It is recommended that you bring several blank
formatted 3.5 floppy disk to download free software and utilities.
|Tuition: $35.00 per person. Call us
for group rates.|
|Instructor: to be announced|