SunLink Netsurfer and Webmaster accounts can have a second email account at no additional charge.
To request a second email account:
For a second email box, email your current userid and the 2nd mailbox userid to [email protected].
Userids cannot be longer than 8 characters and they must be lower case.
The password will be the same as the primary account.
To change passwords, go to: http://www.sunlink.net/password
The boxes will be set up every Wed and Sat.
To access your second email account you have to setup a second email program in addition to the one you are using.
If you are presently using Netscape or Internet Explorer for your primary email account, you can use Eudora Lite for your second email account.
You can get a copy of Eudora Lite
at the site: http://www.eudora.com
Latest version, it is approximately 5 megs.
Or you can get an earlier version (330K) at: ftp://ftp.sunlink.net/pub/rwagner/index.html
It is freeware (no cost).
If you are presently using Eudora for your primary email account, then you can use the Netscape email program for your second email account.
Eudora Email Configuration
1. After installing the Eudora Lite Program. Double click the Eudora email icon. This will start the Email program and bring up the Settings dialog box.
2. Enter your userid followed by "@mail.sunlink.net" in the POP Account box. For example, if your userid is john, then enter: [email protected] in the POP Account box.
3. Enter your real name in the Real name box. It's OK to use UPPER CASE letters and s p a c e s here.
4. Select the Personal Information icon from the Category box.
5. Enter your userid followed by
"@sunlink.net" in the Return address box. For example,
if your userid is john, then enter: [email protected] in the
Return address box. This is your Email
address that you would tell all your associates.
6. Select the Hosts icon. Make sure that the POP account is : your userid followed by "@mail.sunlink.net and that the SMTP is: mail.sunlink.net
7. Select the Checking Mail icon from the category box. Here you can set how often you want to check for email and save your password if you want.
8. Select OK. Go to File | Check mail.
9. Enter your password, remember this is case sensitive, enter exactly as written on your application, then press OK.
10. Any Email waiting for you is downloaded at this point. You may view it by double-clicking on it.
11. Pull down the File menu and select Exit.
Netscape Email Configuration
1. In the Netscape program. Single
click on "Options" at the top of your screen and select
the "Mail and News Preferences". Click on the "Servers" tab. In the field, "Outgoing (smtp) server" type, mail.sunlink.net In the "Incoming mail (pop) server" field type, mail.sunlink.net In the "Pop user name" field type your userid by itself in lower case letters.
2. Click the "Identity" tab at the top of your window. Then type in your full name in the, "Your name" field. Type your email address (example: [email protected]) in the "Your Email" field. Then type email address in the "Reply-to-address" (example: [email protected]).
3. If you want to have your password saved, click the "Organization" tab and check Remember Mail Password.
4. Click the ok button.
5. Goto File | Get new mail.
If you have questions, email [email protected]
Return to the SunLink Help Page.